More work......
Daemen College, Ceramics I , Fall 2009
I can't place my finger on it but there is something special to be said for drinking coffee out of mug you created. That and it's kind of weird to have a coffee mug that stares back at you while you sip your hot beverage. (FYI the images are part of matching bowl and mug set. The top images are of the mug, and bottom images are of the bowl.)




Probably my least favorite project of the semester . The design I choose didn't work quite the way I had planned (at some point I'll post other design sketches) and I kind wish I would have went with one of my other choices. Also the amount of time and patience it took to hand paint the glaze on each tile was a real drag. I suppose they didn't really turn out as bad as I'm making them out to be. As always I'm glad to have had experience and with every new challenge I slowly move towards my goal of becoming a better artist.



I can't place my finger on it but there is something special to be said for drinking coffee out of mug you created. That and it's kind of weird to have a coffee mug that stares back at you while you sip your hot beverage. (FYI the images are part of matching bowl and mug set. The top images are of the mug, and bottom images are of the bowl.)
Probably my least favorite project of the semester . The design I choose didn't work quite the way I had planned (at some point I'll post other design sketches) and I kind wish I would have went with one of my other choices. Also the amount of time and patience it took to hand paint the glaze on each tile was a real drag. I suppose they didn't really turn out as bad as I'm making them out to be. As always I'm glad to have had experience and with every new challenge I slowly move towards my goal of becoming a better artist.
No comments:
Post a Comment